Sunday 27 July 2008

Guest Designer Call - Whiff of Joy


Here is an extract from Katharina's blog - "I want to give you all the chance to be a part of Whiff of Joy. That's why I will take a Guest Designer every 2 months to join the team. And today I will start the first official Whiff of Joy Guest Designer call :)"

To enter the call create a card using the sketch, found on her Blog - Whiff of Joy - post it on your blog with a link to the post on her blog, then leave a link to you card under the post on her blog. You can enter your cards until the 30.7.2008 20pm GMT and the Guest Designer will be announced the following day.

I would love to be a Guest Designer, but have you seen some of those fabulous designs arounds. Still I've throw in the towel and had a go. I have used Billy and the Yee Hah sentiment from Pink Cat's Studio Billy Plates. I have paper pieced his trousers and hat - given his trousers a little fringe too! His shirt has been coloured in watercolour pencil and I have used a white gel ink pen to give him a check effect shirt. The rest of the image has been watercoloured and some teabag staining around the image to give it a distressed/aged effect. I have stained some string with a teabag too and glued it in place in Billy's hand. The main background paper has been taken from Dovecrafts masculine collection, the ribbon and birthday brad are from Poppicrafts and the remaining cardstock has come from my stash. I have stamped the background text onto a brown paper bag and tore and inked the edges for a rough look. The stamp used here is "Describe Him" by Artifacts.

1 comment:

Katharina Frei said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for the entry!
Katharina