Tuesday 21 April 2009

I never thought I would ever combine these two colours....pinks, reds, blues and purples, but yellow or lemon with black....maybe not. Well I was flicking through my new Papercraft Essentials Magazine and Kim Dellow (papercraft Essentials crafter of the Year), did this fantastic spread, using black and yellow cardstock and papers, with bee design stamps. I was so taken by the designs, the layout and the marriage of the colours that I had a good dig through my stash to find some yellow or lemon cardstock. The black and yellow check paper came free with this months magazine, so that was a good start. I have used a butterfly stamp from Kirsten Lapping Designs, with some peel off dots for the lower wings. The circle of black bazzill I also found in my stash - its worth keeping all the scraps - you never know when you will need them (a couple of years later)! The ribbon comes from Poppicrafts. Now I am off to see how my Sugar Nellies and Anyas will look in yellow and black.........




1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

This is fabulous Jean, I love the butterfly! And don't those colours just work so well together? Glad you found some in your stash! Kim