Thursday 22 August 2013

Another birthday, another decade.  Having thought about making myself a cake earlier in the month, and then deciding on doing one of my death by chocolate type of cakes, my sister in-law threw a spanner in the works by asking me "what sort of cake I was making for my birthday," followed by sending me lots of ideas. Not one to shy away from a challenge I then decided to pull out all the stops and make a massive cake....in my favourite colours, things etc.

The bottom cake was a 10 inch , three layer chocolate cake, sandwiched together with chocolate ganache and the top cake, a six inch, three layer lemon cake, soaked with lemon syrup and sandwiched together with lemon curd and lemon cooked flour butter-cream.  The shoe I made using red fondant and a shoe mould.  

The black royal icing piping was based on henna designs, and piped on using a fine piping nozzle.   


No comments: