Saturday 5 September 2020

 Wow its 2020.  It has been 5 whole years since I last blogged! I have to actually learn my way around my own blog!   My sister asked me this morning - "When are you going to update your blog?" so here I am.  It has most certainly been a surreal five years.  During this time,  I have studied for and gained, a degree with first class honours in Early Years Education and Integrated Working with Children and Families.  It was sheer hard work doing this course part time, while holding down a full time day job and also being a wife and mother too,  Needless to say, I think I saved myself with cake.  It is my way of de-stressing. Hard to believe - but its true.  

2020, Covid has made us slow down and stay at home.  So like many people, I also jumped on the sourdough bandwagon - Changing recipes, changing methods to get the loaf with the most holes in it - its all about the holes!  It has been a satisfying challenge over the lock-down period and one which we enjoyed as a family and we are still perfecting.  A jar of sourdough starter has left the building with our middle son and he too has been busy perfecting the sourdough loaf - it soon catches on!!  

Back to the Blogging - I have promised my sister I will keep my blog updated, so watch this space for more baked goodies and recipes as I continue this journey...


Good Loaf - But it needs more Holes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally! You are back..super proud of you