Saturday 13 September 2008

Something a little different for this afternoon. I have been making so many cakes over the past weeks - the summer (UK) is defintely a time for birthdays and christenings. I had my birthday in August which we celebrated with a vanilla sponge with strawberries and cream (hubby and kids were going to make it but he got called out to work, so had to do it myself). The cake below I made yesterday for my friend's daughters as they were having a birthday party today. The cake is chocolate one (recipe on my blog too), which I made in a regular round shape pan for the bottom and a pudding bowl for her gown. The white icing is Regalice Fondant icing (Ready rolled). The ruffle on the skirt has been made by moulding into shape and then placing small balls of foil under it, which I removed after the icing had fully dried. The doll is one of Woolworths own brand ones (£1) which has its legs removed and then the torso sunk into the cake. Her dress has been iced with a royal icing.

Happy Birthday to all you Princesses out there and to all you Sugar Nellie fans too!




1 comment:

sugarnellie said...

Oh she looks good enough to eat!
Thank you for think of us.