Sunday 26 October 2008

Well I have posted anything since Tuesday. I was working flat out trying to get all my cards done along with lots of Halloween things for kids for a craft show I had been invited to take part in yesterday. Now those of you who have kids, will know that life with children is never straight forward no matter how much you plan or what you have planned, nine times out of ten something will always come up. Low and behold, Friday morning my youngest woke up with a suspect spot on his left arm.......could it be chicken pox??? Well he has been vaccinated against them - being born in the Middle East he was vaccinated at 15 months for chicken pox, but there was still a 3 % change he could still get a mild dose of them - hmm was he in the three percent?? As Friday wore on no more spots appeared - poor child, I spent the day proding and poking at him, making him lift his shirt so I could check for more spots....but none. Then friday night, one more appeared on his arm and one on his leg.....I rang the craft fair organiser and told her I might have to cancel. Saturday morning, two more on his back and one on his side.......I rang the craft fair organiser to cancel and off we went to the doctor. Baffled she was, one spot looking like chicken pox, but the others well......maybe he is having a mild dose as they said might happen....by saturday night several spots on the legs, one on chin, one on forehead....Today same as yesterday. Well apart from moaning a little last night the one on his leg was starting to itch, we have had a normal bouncy boy, getting on as normal........and me stacks of cards and halloween goodies, stored in my kitchen waiting to be sold. All the fun of being a parent.

ok so enough rambling.....this card for the Cupcake craft challenges blog, I made a few days ago, but didnt get around to posting. This weeks challenge was a sketch. The papers from Trimcrafts christmas Pink set, the image from Pink Petticoat, the flower from Poppicrafts, which I have stamped over with a studio G scroll stamp in white brilliance ink. The sentiment is one from craftwork cards and the button are from my stash. The photo isn't good, I am blaming it on bad Autumn light xxx



1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hope your son, gets rid of his chicken pox soon.
Gorgeous Card, thanks so much for joining in this week. xx