Friday 9 January 2009

The first challenge from The Sugar Bowl is a fabulous sketch. My new years resolution is to make as many boy cards as I do girl cards - I know you just dont use the same pretty papers, but I hardly ever have a boy card to hand when I need one.....always a last minute dash to make one. The background is bazzill card stock which I have paper pricked and added so faux stitching with the gel pen, the star patterned paper is from Dovecraft Designer papers, the check and spotty pieces have come from my stash and the denim pocket is a download from The D.A.I.S.E. Company. I have coloured the image mostly with watercolour pencils, but used a black gel pen to add the darker black areas. The sentiment I did on the computer.






The first tutorial challenge from The Sugar Bowl is paper beads. The challenge is make your creations using Paper Beads. It could be a card, scrapbook page or other crafty project, as long as you use Paper Beads somewhere on.


I have recyled this box which came with some lovely smelling bath salts (christmas gift). I have punched holes in the sides to add a ribbon handle and more holes along the front edge to thread through some organza ribbon from which I hung the ribbon beads and some seed beads. Maggie is wearing a dress which has been paper pieced with Pink Petticoat papers. I have layered her onto some orange cardstock and scalloped the edges with scissors. I have then layered this onto some bazzill bling cardstock (Black Tie). A bit of silver glitzy ric rac from my stash was used to jazz it up a bit more.





3 comments:

Lilian said...

Jean, you did a lovely take on the sketch. Lovely coloring on the cute Nellie image too. It's very rare to find boy cards.
Your bead project looks awesome too... Isn't Maggie just the cutest?
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl!

Kathy said...

Fabulous job with the sketch and it is so nice to see a boy card!! Love that image!! Also fabulous job with the paper beads!! That turned out fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining in both challenges and good luck :)Kathy

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Jean
What a gorgeously sweet card!
And your little gift bag is adorable
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl & Sugar Sugar!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x